Come test your herbal recall and have fun with the Elderberry School online community!
Here’s how we’ll do it:
- Arrive in the Zoom room at 7:00 pm.
- Participants will be randomly assigned to two teams and the rules will be explained. Breakout room sessions will allow each team to discuss their answers.
- Answers do not need to be phrased in the form of a question.
- If a team answers a question correctly, they can go again.
- If a team answers incorrectly, the other team has a chance to answer that question and then can choose the next question.
- If one team gets three correct answers in a row, the other team will automatically get the next turn.
- Questions will be shown in written form as well as stated verbally.
Each week will have several categories of questions following a weekly theme to be revealed at the start of each game such as “herbal history,” “medicine making” or “botany nerds rule!”
HONOR SYSTEM: Everyone will take a solemn oath not to look up answers on the internet!
The winning team will get… a delicious sense of satisfaction.
Dates: Wednesday evenings, July 8, 15, 22, 29
Times: 7pm - 9pm
Location: ONLINE via ZOOM. The meeting code will be emailed to you before the class
Cost: $5 donation per class
100% of all money collected for these herbal jeopardy games will be donated each week to local Portland area social justice organizations such as OPAL, Beyond Toxics, Coalition of Communities of Color, or The Equal Justice Initiative.